WhatsApp has become a most wanted application by Smartphone users. If you don’t know what WhatsApp is, in simple terms it’s the messaging app that will save you loads of money on SMS (Short Messaging Service). Mobile operators offer SMS to send messages to one another, but with WhatsApp you can do that, at a lower cost, because it uses Internet connection to send messages, and if you compare the amount of data (megabytes) that you will use to send one message to the amount you will spend sending an SMS, WhatsApp wins, as you will spend far much less. That was just to give you a scope of what WhatsApp is all about. If you have a mobile phone without WhatsApp, you have no idea what you are missing. Download WhatsApp now by following this links. For Android Phones, For Windows Phones, For Iphone Users.
Apple decided not to sell the app, it for a while selling WhatsApp, yet android was completely free. Probably due to its popularity Apple decided to make it free.
Keep reading to know how to use WhatsApp on your Pc.
whatsapp on your computer
There is an application that makes it extremely easy to use WhatsApp. The application is called BlueStacks. The interface is slightly blue so that’s where it probably gets its name”Blue…” This application is available free of charge and I will provide the download at the bottom.
You download this application then install it like you would install any application. You however need to have a constant Internet connection, while installing the app; and also downloading WhatsApp you will still need Internet Connection. You will then need to have a free sim card. By free I mean, one that is not linked to any active WhatsApp account. And the sim card needs to be in a Phone to enable you to receive the Confirmation message. Once you are done, you are good to using WhatsApp using your Phone.
I have provided a video that will guide you step by step to getting WhatsApp on your Computer. The video will guide you from installing the application, installing WhatsApp, adding contacts. It will guide you comprehensively.
With this application it enables you to play Android Games on your Computer. Basically you can have android apps run smoothly and comfortably on your computer.
Here are the Instructions
- A computer/ Laptop
- Internet Connection
- A free Sim Card (One that is not linked to any WhatsApp account)
- You need at least 2gb of physical memory on your computer. So if you have less, you might think about upgrading your RAM, it will not only help you with this installation, but it will also make your computer faster and help other softwares to run smoothly.
- Subscribe for Free Updates, YouTube Channel and much more to stay up to date with new updates, new articles and new videos. It will be of beneficial to you.
- Download BlueStacks application below.
- Install the application
- Follow the simple Instruction, in case you get stuck watch ItechJungle’s Step by Step Video.
- Send your First WhatsApp message from your computer
- To access WhatsApp there will be 2 folders created on the desktop “Apps” & “Start Bluestacks”; to go straight to WhatsApp use the “Apps” folder.
- Continue Technologizing your Brain @ItechJungle as you WhatsApp from your Computer.
- Subscribe for Free Updates, YouTube Channel and much more from ItechJungle.
- In case you need assistance or appreciate this post, feel free to comment below.
Adding Contacts to the app
Once you have installed WhatsApp successfully, you can follow this procedure to add contacts. In the video as well, towards the end, i have illustrated how to do this.
- Click the settings button at the button (it appears like a cog-wheel)
- Then click manage contacts
- Then click menu button which is at the buttom next to the back button.
- Then click new contact
- Fill in the details, it will show
- Then go to whatsapp, and click the new message button at the top-left and see if the contact appears.
Now you can be able to use WhatsApp from your Computer. I enjoy this as I can be able to communicate with my friends straight from my computer. I don’t have to keep going to my Phone to reply a WhatsApp message.
The file is in Zip format. To understand how to use Zip files and get the software for using Zipped files, check this out
You can as well clean your computer of all a lot and optimize your computer as well. It helps sometimes if BlueStacks application is having some issues
Watch the video to show you step by step in Installing WhatsApp
You may also Watch the Video from YouTube