For a long time this has been a great problem in Kenya. Many have asked how do i withdraw money from Paypal in Kenya? To add funds into your PayPal account is not easy, so is Withdrawal. You might want to purchase an item online but getting funds into your PayPal account is not easy. Most of the people who do online Job’s such as freelance writing receive payments through PayPal. Most of the online services out there offer payments through PayPal. Withdrawing this funds from PayPal is not easy, as PayPal does not offer a direct way to withdraw funds from Kenya, but do not be dismayed as there is a way to get to have PayPal funds in Kenya. Keep reading to learn more.
The Problems and Hoax
Due to this great limitation by PayPal many people out there have taken this opportunity to scam Kenyans. Some people, cheat Kenyans into sending them money and they end up not delivering. Although there are actually some people out there who are legit and offer this services genuinely. I shall talk about the most genuine methods out there.
The Truth and The Light
The legit ways out there currently that I can vouch for are 4.
- Epay-Kenya – which is a service from Kenya
- Equity Bank – A very popular bank in Kenya
- Payoneer – A US payment service
- My services – Your very own Kenyan
1. How to withdraw PayPal money using Epay-Kenya
Epay-Kenya is a service that has been there for quite some time. In order to use their services one needs to register for account. As with PayPal one needs also to be verified to enjoy the full services of Epay-Kenya. To be verified one needs to send their verification documents such as a scan of their Passport or National ID.
However using Epay-Kenya can end up being quite expensive. As they charge high commissions for using their services, and their dollar rate is slightly high. If you frequently withdraw or send funds you will end up paying so much just for using the services. You can check out Epay-Kenya
2. How to withdraw paypal money using Equity Bank
Equity bank has enabled people to be able to withdraw funds from their PayPal accounts directly using PayPal. This service proves to have quite some advantages. Such as
- All transactions will appear on your Equity bank statements
- Transaction fees are quite small.
- One can easily withdraw very small amounts.
However using Equity takes quite some time to receive your funds. I am not talking about hours, but days. It can take up to 8 days. Below is an excerpt from an Equity bank page illustrating how their service works.
- Visit the Equity Bank website and select the Equity Bank PayPal Withdraw Service link.
- You will be redirected to the Equity Bank PayPal withdraw service website.
- On the PayPal Withdraw Service Landing page select the ‘Withdraw from PayPal’ menu option.
- On the customer Type selection page you will need to choose either “Individual” or “Business”
- Enter your Equity Bank account number and select the “Submit” button. Please ensure that the nominated account is registered in the individual or personal capacity performing the transaction and that you are authorized to transact on the account.
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the cell phone number and/or email address as per the Equity Bank contact details for the nominated account.
- Complete the information on the Personal Details / Business Details page. The Withdraw amount must be in USD.
- View the quote and accept the terms and conditions.
- Review the information displayed on the confirmation screen and click on the “confirm” button to proceed with transaction.
- You will be redirected to PayPal’s website, where you need to login to the specified PayPal account and confirm the transaction.
- Once the transaction has been confirmed, you will be redirected back to the Equity Bank PayPal withdraw services page.
- On the results page you will see the transaction status and the transaction reference number.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button to complete the process.
- Your Equity bank account will be credited with the net amount due to you after all fees have been deducted within 8 business days.
The service from Equity is slightly new in the market, and we shall just watch to see how it perfoms.
3. How to Withdraw using Payoneer.
What is Payonner: Payoneer is an e-commerce business that enable users to receive money directly onto a Credit Card.
Payoneer is recognized as a payment option by PayPal and several other online services. In order to use Payoneer one needs to Apply for the Payoneer Mastercard. The application process is easy, and all you need is to be able to fill in your necessary details, as well as have a postal address where you will able to receive your card. Once you receive your card, you will need to log into your account that you created while applying for your card and put in the card number.
Using payonner is quite easy and it gives you the option of withdrawing using a bank account. Payoneer offers a US payment service where they give you a US bank account. The bank account is under your name and belongs only to you. When you give the bank account details to whoever you want to send you money, the money will go to the bank account created by Payoneer then you will receive the funds on your Payoneer Master Card. You can then be able to withdraw your funds from a local ATM in Kenya. The charges are quite reasonable, as they charge a 1% fee for using the Us Payment service.
The fees that Payoneer charge for using the Payoneer Mastercard are as follows
|Item||Price (USD)||Unit||How applied|
|Annual card account maintenance||$29.95||Per card||From available card balance each year|
|Card replacement||$12.95||One time||When issuing a replacement card|
|ATM Cash withdrawals or Transactions|
|ATM withdrawal||$3.15||Per trx||When withdrawal is requested|
|Declined ATM withdrawal||$1.00||Per trx||When withdrawal request Is declined|
|Purchase Transaction||Free *||Per trx||When card is used for purchases.|
|ATM Balance Inquiry||$1.00||Per Trx||When inquiry is made|
|* When a transaction is made as a foreign transaction or is requested in a currency other than USD, charges of up to 3% may be assessed above all charges assessed by MasterCard for the transaction.|
For balance inquiry it’s better checking your balance online, as it’s free and fast instead of paying $1 for every ATM inquiry.
In Kenya funds can be withdrawn from a variety of ATMs such as Barclays, KCB, Standard Chattered, I&M bank; just to name a few. Different banks offer different conversion rates. In my opinion I&M bank is one of the banks to offer very fair rates. Some KCB ATM’s offer withdrawals in dollars. The I&M bank ATM at the Airport also offers withdrawals in dollars.
Payoneer is a great service to use. Although once you apply for the card it takes quite some time before you are able to receive the card. It can take up to 1 month before you get your card. In order to receive your card, you need a PO BOX where the card will be sent to.
If you want to apply for your card apply using my affiliate link. Applying using my affiliate link will enable you receive free $25 dollars once you withdraw $100 dollars. Apply for a Payoneer Mastercard
And note Payoneer charges an annual fee of about 30$ for their card on available balance. Hence if you immediately load your Payoneer card with 30$ from PayPal and expect to withdraw, the amount will be deducted from the card. So for first time you load, load small amounts or just load what you want to withdraw plus the 30$.
If you don’t have a mailbox and you want to have your payoneer card, and you will apply using our affiliate link I will allow you to use my mailbox to receive your Payoneer card at a fee of only 100 ksh. Contact me via EMAIL: email@example.com or FACEBOOK for more information and to proceed further, and i can guide you step by step to filling the application.
4. How to withdraw from Paypal and add funds to your Paypal account using ItechJungle
To send money to Kenya from a foreign country, this is the same method used.
I offer withdrawal options from PayPal. I also can load your PayPal account with funds. I offer the best rates as ItechJungle’s main aim is to help you “Technologize your Brain”.
Even if you are a foreigner/ or not living in Kenya and you want to send your money to a loved one in Kenya from your PayPal account, you may use our service
Safaricom, Airtel and Orange Kenya mobile networks are supported. Click any of the links above to find out more about using our services.
You can as well use Bank accounts to carry out transactions. click any of the links below to find out more.
We give you the option to test our services. Click any of the links below. to test our services.
Technologize your Brain with:-